Agnostic.com

2 0

Psychologists define the 'dark core of personality'

"new research shows that all dark aspects of human personality are very closely linked and are based on the same tendency."

"knowledge about a person's D-factor may be a useful tool, for example to assess the likelihood that the person will reoffend or engage in more harmful behaviour"

[sciencedaily.com]
September 26, 2018

I made a handy pocket guide.

Fred_Snerd 8 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sure sounds like my brother. He tried to suffocate me several times with a pillow. Note it is not possible to suffocate someone with a pillow.

I think that all people have those nine traits to some degree. People need some of those traits for individual survival. But there is a balance, an optimum amount of selfishness for personal wellbeing but not so much that the group is too adversely affected. We all need and depend on the group. Ultimately robbery and murder are not in ones self interest.

I suspect that some people will read this article and think of a person whom they judge to have a high D-factor. With great relish they’ll swoop in for the attack. That mental swooping in for the attack falls under traits one through nine.

@Fred_Snerd I think an evil person is one who behaves in a way that we don’t like. There are underlying reasons for that behavior. Good and evil are not opposites.

From a higher perspective everything is good.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.