Agnostic.com

9 3

What's you favorite song for telling a story or making a comment. It can be political, social or personnel.

dermot235 7 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I once used this song to tell a story to a 10 yr old boy in Kenya who I was trying to help but whose pride was standing in the way of letting me. We sat on the sidewalk, side by side outside his school one night after I had taught this song to his class. We sang it together out loud to the people passing by on the street. We sang it over and over and over, literally probably 30 times. We sang it until he understood. He now calls me mum, and am proud to say he will be graduating from Nairobi University next year. 🙂

I love all these "Playing For Change" Artists. They add a whole new meaning to these songs that touch many around the world. These Artists are outstanding and doing a good job of it.

“House Burning Down” is Hendrix’s first socially conscious statement when he commented about the race riots in LA.

Based on the 1906 Alfred Noyes poem, this Phil Ochs rendition always sends chills down my spine...

And here's one so appropriate for today's sadness.

It just gets me every time I listen to this

Nina Simone does a pretty powerful rendition of Strange Fruit as well. Such a deeply stirring song.
This is one of my fav's of Nina's that is, unfortunately, also still quite fitting for the turmoil of today.

As far as 'making a comment' , this one is hard to beat :

Great song for a slow dance with your significant other🙂

This is my favorite harmonica song :

Been to New York 3 times now and I love it. And this song is for me the ultimate New York Anthem. Sorry Old Blue eyes. But Alisha rocks

Yes! Alicia Keys certainly outdid Frank Sinatra with this song!!

the transience of all thing

Women's Rights!!

I almost posted that! It's on my morning commute playlist. Along with this. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.