Agnostic.com

6 1

Chess is a symbol of white supremacy because the white pieces move first?

Now CHESS is being called RACIST, because white always goes first. Stop this insane, leftist fantasy world – I want to get off! [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

it irks me that this kind of thinking is described as 'left'. I'm about a left a you can get but I don't get caught up in such silliness over a board game. I suspect those of the 'right' describe it as left thinking to discredit left leaning people. Keep it up and Trump will roll right back into office.

That is fucked! Why does the Queen have more mobility than the King. Feminist propaganda I say!

Probably best to restrict the number of properties you can buy in Monopoly to ensue fair trading rights and make certain that everyone has a fair go.

Is it right that Dr Black is always the person who has been murdered in Cluedo? Is this not a racist attack on non-coloured estate owners?

And why does whoever rolls the highest go first. Elitism?

oh fuck off

Aha! An Alexander the Great response. LMAO

Found it. One thing I like about this site is that it often jogs my memory. I am not a hoarder so there were not many places for my copper/silver set to hide. Here it is. Unfortunately, the colors have faded and some of the tiny pieces have come apart. In order to play one needs a set of tweezers.

And a good memory as to what each piece looks like. Also, I can't properly see on my phone screen, how each side is differentiated.

@FrayedBear There is either a copper or silver sleeve on each piece. Unfortunately, the metal has discolored so it's hard to distinguish the colors. Also, the tops of the queen, king and a bishop have come off. I tried to play this game but it was just too small. A friend in HS made this for me and I've kept it as it is so unusual. I should have turned the pieces but you can see the knight is a hook, the rooks have a cross pattern and the bishops have a fan type top. Of course the pawns are all the same and basically a brad with a sleeve.

Interesting and reminds me of a chess set a friend once made and gave me (I forgot I had it and really need to look for it). It is a mini-chess set in a tiny plastic box. The board is a piece of Bakelite with tiny rivet/washers. Everything is in copper and sliver. If I find I I will post it.

Yawn.

in my house rules have always been adapted....eg Fines sit on GO in monopoly. As long as everyone knows house rules who cares if the lowest roll of dice goes first or the black chess player goes first.

@MsDemeanour I think it (white/black in chess) is a bit of a stretch issue but I like that some are making the concessions to BLM.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509546
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.