Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK A Statue of Racist Mormon Brigham Young Was Vandalized at Brigham Young Univ. | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

For those who don't know, it wasn't until the mid 1970's, that the Mormon church first allowed blacks to hold the priesthood in their church.

The Mormon church still discourages interracial marriage.

snytiger6 9 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I also was raised Mormon, my best takeaway from that was food storage related, not belief!

My parents spent thousands of dollars on food storage.. and mos to fit spoiled, got bugs or went bad.

They bought it all because the church said to, but they had no kind of plan for using it.

I saw food storage as a way for connected church officials to make a large profit because their products get a church endorsement. Just like one family has a monopoly on "temple garments" and rake sin huge profits.

That's not a surprise. For a brief time I considered becoming a Mormon. Glad I avoided that train wreck.

My parents converted to be Mormons before I was born... so I was raised in it. It didn't take.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.