Agnostic.com

4 6

Next time someone says ALM to you, remind then of Orwell: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

TheMiddleWay 8 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sarcasm and irony in a quote within a quote. And demonstrated in reverse context from the story.

Good one.

JacarC Level 8 June 28, 2020

George Orwell's 1984 which many regard as his finest work is about the corruption of language. Political language gives the appearance of solidity to impure wind. Quasi scientific language give the impression of authoritative utterances. "Politics is the art of making lies sound truthful and murder respectable." Thomas Szasz.

The people who say ALM instead of BLM won't come out and say it, but they are very comfortable with there being a system of inequality based on race and class. Orwell was talking about that in Animal Farm.

No so. We are tired of being blamed for pretty much making all the modern world's technology as you are happy to use to post this opinion of HATE.

And,,,,,you have just made the case from the book, by elevating one identity over ALL of us.

@Jacar I would be fine with doing without most or even all of the modern technology of social media and cellphone technology, thank you.. I didn't ask them to make it and they don't deserve to be ungodly rich for making it either...

..I’m still trying to remind myself that BLM isn’t always referring to Bureau of Land Management 😕

Varn Level 8 June 27, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509927
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.