Agnostic.com

1 1

A friend of mine (at one time) was an alcoholic and went to AA meetings. I wrote a letter to her that I never sent but it's really a truth for me. This:
I was put into uncomfortable situations that I was too young to deal with.I didn't know the prayers, didn't want to and my skin crawled when I realized I was surrounded by incomprehensible weird practices and friends that were such superstitious people.Your world is eery and strange to me. I was an unwilling accomplice throughout my childhood and am now totally intolerant of people that think I MUST be like them, or I MUST listen to their religious chants. (my school forced the lords prayer on me unwilling and rebellious as I am)
Forget it Kathy. I am not you. I am not like you. I do not want to be like you. I don't want you and your religious friends to force me through one more prayer. The world is a lot larger than you have the intelligence to see. It encompasses hundreds of religions, thousands of beliefs and they are not yours. And no one else is shoving them down YOUR throat!
I guess I"m a little touchy on the subject.

K9Kohle789 8 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Too often, AA gets a free pass for behavior that we would not tolerate in other religions. I am also tired of this, and will never again listen to their sales pitch.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510012
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.