Agnostic.com

9 29

Today's hike was fun. Gleefully repaired trail damage.

Today Karen and I hike five miles above Squilchuck State Park.

Last week, we discovered rogue mountain bikers had damaged Deep Woods trail, making it more narrow and dangerous. In addition to cutting off the trail on the drop-off side, they piled up sharp logs against the trail. If a bicyclist falls, they will get hurt.

Karen was wearing sandals. "Do you want to roll the logs downhill?" she asked.

With sturdy boots and gloves, I gleefully kicked and hurled branches and logs far downhill to cleanup the trail, but not so far they'd hit the trail below. Stopped by tree trunks. Perfect.

That was satisfying.

Photos:

1. Tiger Lilies.

2. Yellow Arnica flowers.

3. Newly-emerged Pinedrop plants today.

4. Dried Pinedrop flower-pods look like Chinese lanterns. Same place, Dec. 2018.

5. Ponderosa Pine bark looks like a jigsaw puzzle!

LiterateHiker 9 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

beautiful

Stunning picts

@BAMFRavenclaw

Thank you!

Another beautiful adventure ,love your pics ,Tiger Lilys really stand out ,Happy you cleared the danger from the trail

Thank you for sharing these.

Good for you! The ponderosa pine does indeed look like a puzzle. If somebody made a puzzle of that it would be challenging.

The tiger lillies are spectacular. I've never seen one before.

@Sgt_Spanky

Thank you.

Love the tiger lilies. 🙂

Cool good job

bobwjr Level 10 July 1, 2020

Hey, you seem to have loads of fun.. Can I join you one day to kick logs down the hill? 🙂

BTW, you're amazing🙂

@Cutiebeauty

Where do you live? I am unfamiliar with West Bubble Fuck.

@LiterateHiker It's North of East Bubble Fuck

@Cutiebeauty

Thank you for your compliment. I appreciate you.

@LiterateHiker NYC and Ferndale , NY

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511292
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.