Agnostic.com

8 12

My Whining for Sympathy Post

At the end of the month, I will have to have a little procedure done on my left eye. It involved scraping a calcium deposit off the surface of my left eye. The operation is done with the patient awake and functioning to follow instructions.
That would be me.
Then comes healing time without the guarantee that it will work.
There may be some discomfort.
All this, so the eye surgeon can see into my eye, measure the size of the lens to pick the correct replacement. That is the second operation: cataract surgery to restore some of my eyesight in my left eye.

I said: "why does my eye have a calcium deposit?"
Answer: " It happens with long term diabetes."|
Is there anything this disease won't put me through? I keep thinking I am being rewarded for living so long.
Full stop.!

Quoting Led Zeppelin: crying won't help
praying would do you no good.

Spinliesel 9 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My heart goes out to you...hope it’s not too uncomfortable for you, and that it proves to be successful.

Heal well had the cataract surgery vision is awesome

bobwjr Level 10 July 3, 2020

@Spinliesel

Sending you mental rainbows of healing and peace. 🌈

Thank you.

Could there be something in your diet that would cause this? When I was diagnosed for a trauma cataract (from a racquet ball accident) my doctor said for vegetarians cataracts are unusual as cataracts are often a build-up of protein. Lower protein ingestion lower chances for a cataract.

Interesting. This is the first I've heard of a calcium deposit on the eye.
I hope it goes well, and the subsequent lens replacement. Cataract surgery made a huge difference for my grandmother.

Yes, thanks. My right eye was greatly improved when the new lens was installed. I am hoping something similar to the left eye.

@Spinliesel I take it you mean that you already had your right eye done? It made my grandmother more sure-footed in a very dramatic way.

Good luck with that procedure.

My type 2 diabetes is in remission. It's good that I don't need to prick my finger daily. Changing my food preferences was hard, but worthwhile.

I am so happy for you! Please continue to test once a day, though. This disease is sneaky.

@Spinliesel Dr removed my diabetes meds, it would take me a while to get a prescription, and would have to risk covid infection to visit the doctor. I think once or twice a week is sufficient.

doesn't sound like any fun, but I hope it works out for you. diabetes is a bitch. keep us posted.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511774
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.