Agnostic.com

5 0

"Who REALLY funded the Taliban to kill Americans?" An embarassing question for both sides of American politics?

"Raking up unverified claims that Russia financed the Taliban to attack Americans is sheer hypocrisy and a diversion from the culpability of multiple US administrations, including the Democratic presidency of Barack Obama, for badly bungling the Afghan war and putting thousands of US troops’ lives on the line. If the critics and partisans crying foul about Russia self-introspect, they will realize that America was not so ‘liberal’ or noble after all in its longest war."

Who REALLY funded the Taliban to kill Americans? [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

when you say Afghan war-- that is just wrong--it was an invasion of a soverign country by the United States
If the U.S wanted revenge for 9/11 we should have leveled Saudi Arabia from where the hijackers came from and were indoctrinated by their type of islam. the saudis have always played both sides. on one side they are our friends -on the other they hate us.

I'd be tempted to NEVER leave Afghanistan. Why should we? And let the Talibam resume subjugating that people to Islamic oppression? It isn't costing us much. Why not make it our 51st state?

Lol. 24% of the worlds poulation is Muslim. Do you suggest ocupying them all?

are you being sarcastic? I hope so-- because--forget the money wasted-- one young American life is a cost that is too much

@bklynite53 Semi-sarcastic. 51st state: facetitious, fairly cheap to stay now that we're there, the shame of leaving that sparsely-populated, war-torn country to those murderous fanatics...
BUT where in the world are there NOT murderous Muslim fanatics?!? The REAL shame is the religion (and all fanatical religious types--for that matter ALL fanatics, period) exists at all.

@Storm1752 im glad at least it was semi sarcastic.
Afghanistan has been invaded by many imperialistic countries in history and every one had to leave with their tails wagging behind them. We won't be any different.

@bklynite53 cost of "American life". Effing typical! You ignore the lives of allied soldiers dragged into the invasion & occupation to slay Afghanis, the dead Afghanis, the production of opium & to feed the US military industry.
Besides which are you saying that those lost lives are not adequately insured by profit making American Insurance companies?
Get real!

@bklynite53, @Storm1752
"BUT where in the world are there NOT murderous Muslim fanatics?!?"

Seriously?

Have you compared the numbers illegally killed and murdered inthe last 120 years by American invasions, bombings, sanctions, criminality, piracy and malpractice to the numbers of Americans killed by your "Muslim fanatics"? Your brains are in cuckoo land!

@bklynite53 Probably true, because Muslims do not forget. THEY won't rest until they recapture Spain!

@FrayedBear the conversation was about American lives. I stayed on topic. I agree with you regarding your coment. the tragedy is about more than just America.

@Storm1752 lol - and you think that Israeli occupation of Palestine is acceptable to them?

@Storm1752, @bklynite53 American lives are being lost because of American transgressions which you wish to deny even when they are perpetrated against you by your own governments.

@FrayedBear I'm not denying anything. Things are not so simple one group can be demonized while the other can achieve sainthood.

@FrayedBear So you think the very existence of Israel amounts to an 'occupation?' If so, should the Jews either pack up and leave, or accept second-class status?
I not sure they would agree to that.

@FrayedBear Yes seriously. Muslims are like Star Trek's Borg. Once they take over a country/territory, they subjugate that people to THEIR religion/culture, and never give it back up. It's like Christianity was and sometimes still is, completely intolerant of other cultures and faiths. The only difference is, Christianity has had an extra 1400 years or so to 'mellow' somewhat. Same basic thing, though. In my opinion.

@Storm1752 [ifamericansknew.org]

The banks. Want to catch a crook? Follow the .

Hmmmm, you realize you're literally citing Russia Today - that's like using Fox News or Breitbart to back up claims about Trump?

It fascinates me how many Americans have a Pavlovian like response to the sight or mention of Fox, Breitbart, RT and Trump!

@FrayedBear if those entities ever behaved differently we might think twice about a Pavlovian response. As it is they are as reliable as Pavlov's bell for serving up tasty meals of biased partisan propaganda.

@prometheus From an Indian academic?

While at face value the claim about bounty killing US soldiers is horrible, and it is, the truth is there is so much skull duggery by countries -- killing, assassinations, kill lists, kill squads, mercenaries, off-book operations, and the rest, and not just military personnel but innocent people, people who are in the way, and so on -- that it is disgusting and there are no nice players, and I include Australia. It's always the 'we are the good guys' defence they use. It's no longer world world 2 when we knew who the bad guys were.

Also, will the US please just get the fuck out of Afghanistan and stop risking the poor military lives for nothing. It's Vietnam 2, America, and has been since Bin Laden fled there weeks after 9/11. And by the way America, 9/11 was planned in Europe, by other middle East countries, not Afganistan. Stop being the Redcoats in that country fighting the rebs. Redcoats always lose.

There were many positive things that Hitler's political party introduced to Germans and the world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512002
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.