Agnostic.com

7 3

These comments are so sad to me because it’s obvious that this person doesn’t see what’s wrong with anything they’re saying.

1EarthLovingGal 7 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was an elementary school teacher, I got in trouble with the principal because I was trying to teach the kids to think: analyze, evaluate, make connection, synthesize - think about the material, rather than just memorize the facts. IMO Indoctrination can only happen in an environment devoid of thinking; that the people accept everything as fact without critical evaluation (aka it's in the Bible). The kids whose parents raised them strictly in a religious belief only to have the kids leave the faith inadvertently managed to teach just enough reasoning ability to have their kids break free from the attempted indoctrination. When you ask someone "Why?" and their answer is "That's what the Bible/God/other-sacred-text says" then you are dealing with someone who has not broken free of their indoctrination. If their answer is more like "I have learned that xxx causes suffering and I chose to not contribute to the suffering of others" then you have found someone who has learned to reason and make choices freely.

An interesting thought though about schools. In the UK religion is now a minority activity, and has faded almost completely from the lives of large chunks of the population. Yet many state schools are religious and mainly christian. I myself went to one where christianity was pushed hard, and the effect was that, most of us were well aware that religion was at the core of the systems failings, so that even by the age of twelve or fourteen most of my fellows regarded religion with contempt.

Kelley is a sad brainwashed example of the god virus in action.

The first comment is Awful! The third one is Excellent!

Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion ...

Sadly all they see is being allowed to force their religion on everyone else so no one else will force their religion on them.... This is a vice shared by most of the world's religions.

Very sad 😢

bobwjr Level 10 July 4, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512226
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.