Agnostic.com

4 1

Latest from the Lincoln Project - this one is a gem:

I really enjoyed this statement by a former Navy Seal, a Physician, and a founder of Veterans For Responsible Leadership

[lincolnproject.us]

I wonder if the President's apparent betrayal of military personnel will finally be the excuse that (some) Republicans need to come to their senses and get to advocating for good principles and good government.

kmaz 7 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been sending this wonderful organization, monthly & automatically, the $$ I used to send Bernie, for several months now! Go thou & do likewise

Not clear to me if they're going to vote for Biden, vote a write-in, a 3rd-party, or just sit this election out. NOT voting for Trump is only half the battle. He can still "win" (he did NOT actually win last time) with far fewer votes than Biden.

Speaking of evangelicals, browsing the Lincoln Project videos now, I see this one. Was it their first, in early January? So, maybe it has already been discussed here. I am always wary of trying to invest in the "so-and-so is not a good Christian" criticism. So what? I'm not a big fan of Christian moral principles as I understand them. I did like the video in that it is not addressed to me but to my fellow Americans who are Christian and it is in their language and does indeed get at the awful way they are being played by DT.

MAGA Church
[lincolnproject.us]

@kmaz . . . struck me as 'too slick', highly edited. I think, at one point at least one word was 'put in his mouth' that he didn't actually say. If I can get this impression, what will they think ?

@FearlessFly

• It was their first effort.
  • We've had a Republican President who for 3+ years has woken up every day and used our Constitution for toilet paper, and we have personalities on the radio spreading hate and irrationality in support of the toilet paper approach. We had a Republican Administration who from 2000-2008 dug us a deeper hole in money and law than most nations could recover from. Before all that we had years of petty griping from the Repubs that they wanted to pretend to be concerned about the workplace harasment of women by the Democratic President.

So, I'll take something that doesn't strike me in all possible ways as good, 300 times Friday, as long as the Repubs get off their fat asses and start getting the job done in moving themselves back to something resembling decent thinking. As far as something underhanded like putting words into the President's mouth, I didn't get that.

And lest it not be clear - this does not let the Dems off the hook as to their own bankrupt thinking, but that's for another time.

Lincoln Project is from Steve Schmidt former campaign manager for John McCain. Love that guy

I like what the LP is doing.
Not clear to me if it will sway Evangelicals (maybe it doesn't need to).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512527
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.