Agnostic.com

3 0

interesting movie. free on YouTube.

Henry Poole is Here

hankster 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not only was that movie terrible, it has a religious message.or.at least leaves stupid notions like miracles in play. The end really sucked. I don't mean to be a jerk but I hated it. Sorry hankster.

its cool. if you didn't like it sorry i thought it was alright.

@hankster I'm annoying. I'm Antitheist if there's such a thing. Atheist on steroids. Sorry.

@barjoe no, its fine. i never saw in the movie a part where he stated he believed. it seemer kinda open ended on that for me. I'm not antitheist. I don't care for religion, and don't think that if there is a god of anykind, humanity has it come close to characterizing it. god is not necessarily a conscious entity, self aware, or some mind that determines good and evil.
sorry you didn't like the movie. I didn't post it there to waste your time.

The word for "No out-of-pocket cost" is gratis

(in addition to DRM)

. . . that word "free" -- It doesn't always means what you say :

well, I didn't have to pay anything to watch it.

I don't know what drm is.
so I looked it up. I've got no plans to distribute this film, if people want to protect their copyright fine with me.

@hankster . . . the (unambiguous) word for that is gratis 😮

@FearlessFly ok...? is that the point you're trying to make? a point about what word to use?

@hankster I encourage all to read the book "Without Copyrights"

We have only the rights that we can defend.
If only the content creators are influencing congress critters, this is what happens :

In 1789, the initial term for copyrights was 14yrs (with an option to add another 14yrs). Today the term is life-of-the-author PLUS 70yrs ! IMO, that is outrageous and NOT the intent of Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 8 of the US Constitution.

@hankster In which part of Critical Thinking do words NOT matter ?

@FearlessFly so someone has a copyright on what they've created and it's good for 70 years after they die you think that's a problem?

@hankster "[the United States Congress shall have power] To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries."

The intent of that clause is to balance content creation against the public good to benefit ALL.

Please explain how 'locking-down' content for ALL THAT TIME "promotes the Progress of Science and useful Arts"

@FearlessFly I'll tell you what, just don't watch the movie. I didn't mean to present some kind of political dilemma, I just thought the movie was interesting.

In Opera (with VPN), the video is unavailable.
In Firefox, I'm asked to enable DRM (won't). 😮 😛

sorry. I watched it on the YouTube app.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513643
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.