Agnostic.com

6 2

Religion is the greatest scam

Chile1 2 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religion is a protection racket, and god is a gangster.

Nice soul you've got there, be a shame if anything happened to it, you pay me once a week and after you're dead I'll make sure it don't fall in to a pit of ever lastin' burnin' torture, or that no narstee little demon with a red hot poker don't fall on your arse. You get me sweetheart?

Along with McDonalds Monopoly!

Prayers are worthless.

barjoe Level 9 July 10, 2020

Bastet is real and he left his minions behind to torment man and woman. There are two in my house.

Religion ... pure and faultless is this : to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

Where do you get your defination for religion that is a scam?

Word Level 8 July 10, 2020

@OwlInASack you misunderstanding my question, why are you calling these scams "religion ". Why do you give a defination to religion that includes god thingies? Where as for 2000 years religion has been given the definition of "helping widows and orphans while avoiding worldly corruption ". Its like let us just say "a man digging a ditch" is being religious. Why would we want to say digging a ditch is about a religion.

Why are you saying "Religions make truth claims constantly. God gates people who shave their beards. Mary didn’t die but went bodily to heaven. Allah ascended to heaven on a winged horse. God hates gays." This quote of yours has nothing to do with helping widows and orphans while avoiding worldly corruption nor does digging ditches have anything to do with helping widows and orphans while avoiding worldly corruption. Why call all this other stuff religion when it has nothing to do with helping widows and orphans while avoiding worldly corruption?

@OwlInASack you say," Religions make truth claims constantly" where in the phrase "helping widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption " are all these truth claims that you say those helping widows and orphans is making?

religious literalism

skado Level 9 July 10, 2020

That is what is being addressed, still the main sort.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.