Agnostic.com

5 4

Yes, you can wear a mask while exercising

By Megan Burbank, Seattle, WA.

"So I did the unthinkable: I went running with a mask on. At least one time, it went fine. Here’s how three common mask choices stand up to running."

[seattletimes.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have several masks, but only one light and breathable enough to use for exercising. I take it with me in a pocket, in case I feel I should use it, but luckily I'm able to stay several feet away from others most of the time, so I rarely need to use it.

It's so lightweight and comfortable, but I believe the weave is too loose to be of much good in filtering out anything I might breathe out or in, but it likely catches my droplets, so it's better than nothing. Since we may be wearing masks for quite a while yet, I might invest in some that are made for sports, and if comfortable, I'd likely wear them everyday.

Good to know. Thanks. I use a cloth mask myself

Good write up about the masks when used for exercising ,but just walking in stores or lightly crowded areas the surgical mask works well too,but unfortuneatly there are disposable and are world does not need more garbage ,almost a no win situation

@RoyMillar

I ordered the mask she recommends. It was available in white or burgundy. I got the burgundy mask for $15.95 plus shipping.

It works

bobwjr Level 10 July 10, 2020

It is not easy for a person with COPD and/or decreasing heart strength.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514220
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.