Agnostic.com

5 12

How coronavirus affects the entire body

"The team at the Columbia University Irving Medical Center in New York City — one of the hospitals flooded with patients in the spring — went through their own experiences and collected reports from other medical teams around the world.

"Pathologists found blood clots in 'almost every organ' during autopsies on Covid-19 patients.

"Their comprehensive picture shows the coronavirus attacks virtually every major system in the human body, directly damaging organs and causing the blood to clot, the heart to lose its healthy rhythm, the kidneys to shed blood and protein and the skin to erupt in rashes. It causes headaches, dizziness, muscle aches, stomach pain and other symptoms along with classic respiratory symptoms like coughing and fever.

"Physicians need to think of COVID-19 as a multisystem disease," said Dr. Aakriti Gupta, a cardiology fellow at Columbia who worked on the review, in a statement. "There's a lot of news about clotting but it's also important to understand that a substantial proportion of these patients suffer kidney, heart, and brain damage, and physicians need to treat those conditions along with the respiratory disease."

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Especially for older people,with it effecting the whole body no wonder that age catagory is way up in deaths ,We are down to nothing or next to nothing and mandatory mask wearing went into effect yesterday for anyone going inside to a business or public area and only minor few are objecting

I don't know how things are up in Wenatchee but here in Ellensburg there are still too many who think this virus thing is over blown and wearing a mask does nothing. I thanked an employee in the produce department in Fred Meyer last week and he went off on a rant about the fact he does not agree with having to wear a mask, they don't work, etc. - I miss read his eyes, the look was anger not stress. Walked away thinking, 'gee, that went well.'
I think these people would be the ones who only watch fox and listen to talk radio.
Besides the man and his supporters in the WH some of the most dangerous opinionators on the planet are the propaganda pimps on fox media. Just my humble opinion.

@silverotter11

A poll by the Health District showed 25% of citizens in Wenatchee refuse to wear a mask. Since masks were made mandatory in Washington State four days ago, more people are wearing masks.

I feel aggravated by people who wear masks incorrectly.

"Your mask needs to cover your nose, too," I said to four customers at Target and WalMart yesterday. Surprisingly, they all thanked me.

@LiterateHiker YIKES! I have not seen too many down here being worn incorrectly. BUT I did see the employee at the afore mentioned store and today he had on a bandana style face covering that was of course - wait for it - an American flag. Which is of course a violation of the U.S. Flag Code. Also the bandana is the LEAST effective at stopping the virus from escaping when one breaths out. How special is that?

It is a very serious disease

You noticed, eh? Hope you and the family are staying safe.

@silverotter11 thanks! Everyone is safe in my family.

If you're healthy (and young?) enough, you might survive the damage. But that doesn't mean the damage isn't still there.

"Physicians need to think of COVID-19 as a multisystem disease" sounds like one of the much more accurate descriptions I've seen.

RichCC Level 8 July 11, 2020

This is a lot worse than many realize and we are going to send our kids back into the group where it can spread like fire. How many people have to die before these idiots are seen as murders?

@JessJMV He has to have interests that can lead to learning. If not perhaps he can gain interest. I know he is not me but for example, I have an interest in Math and science. I heard a podcast that discussed reading the original discoverers of a concept or idea. I found a number of videos on YouTube that discuss higher Math and I am watching them, I also have found a number of videos on quantum mechanics and have watched them. If he likes to read thee is "Google Books, the Guttenberg Project, and several other sites where books can be read for free, Many of the classes at major universities are online and are free to watch. I am assuming there are a number of sites that show many things that are just plain interesting. Though this may not help with school it will keep his mind active and one never knows where it will lead.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514318
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.