Agnostic.com

3 1

Back when I was in junior high school, I had a science teacher who would often show documentary films to us, and in those olden days, it was through the use of a projector with film rolls. Often after showing them, he would tell us that he would let us watch some of it backwards, if we promised "not to unlearn it". It was kind of utter chaos and we would be laughing about things like people eating - but in the backwards form of it, they would be pulling the food out of their mouths, driving backwards, aircraft landing backwards, a whole slew of pretty funny things. I think he was the one teacher who really knew how to make science interesting.

Archeus_Lore 7 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been trying to consider a reality where effect doesn't necessarily follow cause. I don't think it means everything runs in reverse, but envisioning it is hard. our "temporally linear" view is reinforced so much that it's difficult to grasp any other method.

The interesting thing about the reverse images is that to a being living in such a universe, their thought patterns to would be reversed and so they would not know.
Therefore theoretically we already might actually be in a universe that is proceeding forward toward the big bang, for ever & ever moving in to lesser and small more simple states that will eventually all compress in to one small ball of compressed matter that will invariably at some point push through the fabric of reality by virtue of it's own infinite mass, and cause the big bang elsewhere and begin the whole process of expansion and contraction over again.

Great teachers leave a lasting impression.

barjoe Level 9 July 11, 2020
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514422
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.