Agnostic.com

4 2

History will record Donald Trump as being responsible for tens of thousands of additional deaths during the worst natural disaster that ever happened to the United States. And we, the people, will be recorded as responsible for allowing a mentally ill person to take the presidency in a flawed election. [theatlantic.com]

mischl 8 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, in a way, it is our fault.. But after a very slow and persistent drip… It almost feels unfortunate I had a mother who explained Supreme Court decisions, or relevant elections to me. In that lifetime ... I’ve now lost track of how many elections nearly made me puke. Reagan, bush jr … and now this.. And not just the presidency.

Sports, movies, fashion, restaurants and toys consumed middle-Americans. Raised on TV and entertained to death! Sometimes, to ‘stay in touch,’ I’d ask someone to name one of their US Senators, their Governor, even the Vice President … did a lot of booth-time for politics.. Heard it all, from those assuming they knew it all.

Decades later and it’s piled up. Supreme Court decisions screwing ‘the people’ for generations to come. Wars without reason. Environmental neglect & recklessness. Now, we’re the armpit of a Pandemic.. Hard not to say fuck us ... especially having fought along side our nations best ..to keep it healthy. So in conclusion, we’re fucked 😟

Varn Level 8 July 12, 2020

I didn't vote for him. I take no personal responsibility.

RIght. And neither does he.

@mischl THAT'S a meaningless statement.

@Storm1752 When asked about the Covid pandemic, he said "I take no responsibility." Strikes me that this most recent statement of your is meaningless.

@mischl You said, "In a way, it's our fault."
No, it's not OUR fault...I personally did nothing to deserve this, so it's a not MY fault. It's the fault of everyone who voted for these sociopaths and/or fools. Carter, Mondale, Gore and Clinton would've been incomparably better leaders, and Democrats in Congress likewise. I know that and you know that, and we knew it at the time.
If YOU want to take responsibility, go ahead I don't.

@Storm1752 No, of course it isn't YOUR fault. Nor is it MINE. However, as a nation we are at fault for "allowing" our government to be subverted by those who wanted a mentally-ill reality TV wannabe to get into the White House. Yes, we "allowed" it, but what could you have I have done differently? Short of starting an armed insurrection, I'm not sure.

@mischl I know what you're saying, sort of; no need to beat a dead horse, except to say it HAS alienated me from a large percentage of my 'fellow citizens.' Hate is not too strong a word, though we could quibble about that. 'Am disgusted by' might be slightly more accurate.
Suffice to say, may the Coronavirus come and take them away, as far as I'm concerned!

"mentally ill person" -- let the 'echo chamber' begin 😛

Only Trump supporters and sycophantic Republicans fail to recognize or acknowledge his psychopathy. Which are you?

@t1nick . . . false dichotomy. 😮

@FearlessFly Then enlighten me

History is written by the victors. Let him not be the victor.

barjoe Level 9 July 11, 2020

History USED to be written by the conquerors. But since the Internet (and other inventions like the printing press and the mimeograph machine), survivors are able to spread their version of things.

@mischl In regard to Civil War history, that became the case. Most of the revisionist history took place in the early 20th century. That's when all the Confederate monuments were put up.

@Fred_Snerd And a LOT of high-speed data channels...like the one we're using right now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514539
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.