Agnostic.com

2 1

Is it just me or is it the fact that Black people have a short term memory loss on how Christianity mistreated their population.

Blackatheist1985 7 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Centuries before Constantine, in the book of Acts the story is told of an early--some believe the first Gentile--convert to Christianity ... an Ethiopian eunuch who was baptized by Philip. The Coptic Christians of Ethiopia do not share the same western European history you have described. Not that I believe in Christianity or Jesus, but there are other "unvarnished" traditions out there which have survived.

I have wondered about this myself. Not so much specifically what is posted in the meme, but the mere fact that Christianity is so deeply rooted in racism. But then again, I guess the reason we have a bazillion different "Christian" philosophies out there, it seems most simply choose to make it what they want it to be.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.