Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK A Company That Profits Off Of The Black Lives Matter Movement : NPR

Little do we know. Everything is twisted.

KELLY: Well. Thank you. So the Black Lives Matter Foundation sure sounds like it would be tied to the movement. If it's not, tell us what it is.

MAC: You'd think so - right? - with a name like that. It's actually a foundation that's based out of Santa Clarita, Calif., that has one paid employee and whose professed goal is actually to create unity between the community and the police, which is kind of an antithetical message, I guess, if you consider what the current Black Lives Matter movement is pushing for right now.

Jetty 7 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard this on NPR when it aired. On of the online platforms they were using has frozen the funds and was trying to contact those who donated to determine what they had intended.

JimG Level 8 July 13, 2020

I dug into where the BLM donations go a little bit ago--not hard to do--and it seems to go to a foundation donating to democratic campaigns. This seems incredibly deceptive to say the least. Some might argue that pushing for various political agendas is the way to bring about real change...but I have some serious doubts.

kanzen Level 4 July 13, 2020

Yeah, because it's common knowledge that if you donate to the republican party you will definitely get the votes to achieve real change and end the systematic racism and police brutality. Are you for real?

@Mofo1953 I think you're assuming that I'm advocating for the Republican party. I lean more to the left than the right for sure. I just don't think it's right to funnel this money into political agendas.

@kanzen so where should this money go? If not to the people who have the power to legislate change, then where? Be clear.

@Mofo1953 you sound pretty angry about my opinion. Are you one of the recipients? This kind of boils down to the question of whether or not political change is sufficient to move anything in the correct direction. Obviously we'd need to look at statistics and determined effective alternative routes like public education programs. There's more than one way to solve complex problems.

@kanzen not angry at all. For things to change structurally now, not in the future, you need legislation that republitards are not willing to even consider but dems are. That's being realistic, not angry. I am not in politics ergo not a recipient of anything even remotely, and for you to suggest this shows your miopic view on the issue. The majority of people already want this change, no need to further educate them on this particular point, but nothing will happen if republitards continue to be the senate majority. I am not against education either if you want to continue to defend your undefensible point using this as an excuse. So instead of changing the subject, I repeat my still unanswered question: for immediate change NOW, be clear, just say where will this money change things structurally in this coming year for example, and not ethereal stuff like "alternative routes like public education" when it is obvious that the majority of americans are already demanding changes now not 5 years or 10 years from now.

Deliberately named and designed to siphon funds and resources from the true BLM organization

domos Level 7 July 13, 2020

Wow! I guess it's legal depending on what the funds are used for. Think Trump Foundation.

barjoe Level 9 July 13, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514989
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.