Agnostic.com

2 4

Just got back from a Super Walmart...we are in the middle of summer bounty. BUT All fresh produce was tired looking, and more importantly, there were many more empty bins than even half-full ones. Guess drumpy's immigrant bans are working......

AnneWimsey 9 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The farmers warned us this would happen. If migrants are not allowed in to work here in the US, they may shift their means of making income. Remain in Mexico as a result and not return unless they get better incentive , like higher pay and better conditions.

t1nick Level 8 July 14, 2020

It's time to give Wal-Mart a rest. I needed something from there and they had a line in front, a greeter Harding people around. I shop locally when I can Wal-Mart is off my list. I know some people don't have options.

barjoe Level 9 July 14, 2020

I used Walmart as a "generic example" because I want to know what is happening around the country with the food supply!

@AnneWimsey I live in Philadelphia. I can find everything but rubbing alcohol and disinfectant wipes. Haven't seen them anywhere

@barjoe I got some rubbing alcohol which I need to prep the surface to pinstripe my RV, from Anazon for "only" 5x I what is used to cost, and saw Much higher prices too.

@AnneWimsey I bought Everclear at the liquor store $20/liter. More expensive than isopropanol from Amazon but not that much more. It's 190° proof 95% alcohol and it's non toxic (in proper doses) Makes a helluva martini and Bloody Mary. Too bad I quit drinking.

@barjoe too much alcohol, would strip off the existing paint!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515391
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.