Agnostic.com

3 1

LIAR!

Christian liars are such idiots. All the wonderful things they delude themselves into believing they do, or can do, and then lying to others about it all.

Here is something fun for the whole Christian family to try. The Bible states that, after his resurrection, Jesus appeared to over 500 people, so we understand that appearing to people is not a problem for him (1 Corinthians 15:6, Acts 1:3). Jesus states, "And I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU ASK in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. YOU MAY ASK ME FOR ANYTHING in my name, AND I WILL DO IT" (John 14:13-14). So if we ask Jesus to appear to us right now at this very moment, which is not unreasonable according to the Bible and his own words, he will appear...

What?! it didn't happen! Well, he did say to keep on asking, and asking,...and asking,...and asking...?????.......!!!!!!!

The bible was written by men to subjugate others.

"Both Faith and Terror are instruments for the elimination of individual self-respect. Terror crushes the autonomy of self-respect, while Faith obtains its more or less voluntary surrender. In both cases the result of the elimination of individual autonomy is--automatism. Both Faith and Terror reduce the human entity to a formula that can be manipulated at will." - Eric Hoffer, author of "The True Believer"

nogod4me 8 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The human capacity for self-delusion is immense!
Reminds me of a fellow, a few houses down from me, who claims to be a pastor, and a healer. He probably got his Pastorship, or what the hell ever it's called, on-line, from Liberty University.
The long-standing failure of prayer, or mass meditations, to achieve anything other than ease the anxiety of those who participate, has had no impact on the fools. They just have rationalizations.

Yes, maybe they get to a point where they are so tired and frustrated from grasping for affirmations of their faith that they just start making shit up.

It is amazing how many and how fast they find suckers everywhere every time. I see them on all social media, WhatsApp, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, blogs.... We are in a passive and non assertive minority. Don't know how long religion and its zealots will keep winning. They also have control over school boards, city councils, and legislatures every where. They have never accepted to keep state and church separate.

Unless we get power it is not going to reduce, let alone stop. That is what religion did to expand their power, control and influence for thousands of years. Those who did not do this, went into oblivion and are jungle religion by Christianity and Islam. They got kings and emperors on their side. I do not think our fight with logic on our side will win. Our numbers will increase slowly but if the current state continues will take another 1,000 years to undo the grip of religion over people all over. Remove state power from religion and they will be severely weakened and vulnerable.

Too sadly true, I believe.

Greetings, Given Christian support for Trump apparently validates your criticism of Christianity, but please know two facts you may not be aware of. First, Jesus teaches that there must be a separation between the church and religion (Matthew 22:22). The ‘Christians’ currently hungering for political power betray the gospel of redemption. Secondly, Jesus is not a genie. True Christianity is about a relationship with God that begins with the belief that God rewards those who dare believe in Him and diligently seek after Him. Religion, in most cases, represents a human effort to describe the super natural and eternity. It makes its own rules on the basis right wing cultural biases. According to the Bible, Christians MUST be noted for their love and compassion for all people including their ‘enemies’. (Matthew 5:43,44) Needless to comment, historically, many ‘Christians’ do not live up to God’s most important commandment!

@APhg

I am talking about destroying religions and you are defending it on the Agnostic platform.

Kinda hopeless convincing the faithful that the Bible is not historically accurate.
IIUC, there are NO independent sources to corroborate the "500 witnesses" claim(s).

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Jonathan Swift

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515601
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.