Agnostic.com

5 2

Apparently there are people claiming that wearing a mask will lower one's oxygen to a dangerous level. It's not true. Thunderf00t has done some videos on this, and here's the latest:

As he points out, the air that we exhale is naturally depleted of oxygen, because our bodies have absorbed some of it. But a fabric mask, even an N95 mask, cannot block oxygen.

Omnedon 7 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard,,,,,,,,,,if you pee on your mask it becomes magic.

There are people who claim drinking your own fermented urine is good for you. Morons claim all sorts of idiotic things and other people believe it. A significant portion of the population is utterly lacking in common sense and the ability to think rationally.

Doctors and nurses wear masks for many hours each day. There's never been one incident of anyone being hospitalized for mask-related carbon-dioxide poisoning or hypoxia. But if you don't WANT to wear a mask, then any inane excuse will be snatched up.

Also, there really are no legitimate medical reasons why a person should not wear a mask.

[waff.com]

[wbir.com]

The except is children under 2 and anyone who cannot remove a mask themselves. That accounts for a very small percentage of the population. The CDC website also mentions "people with breathing problems" which is rather vague and really should be clarified in detail. Masks do not decrease a person's oxygen intake in any significant way so really, that's no excuse.

I’m mainly using N95’s, in order to somewhat protect myself, along with others, if I’ve got anything. The feeling of that material on my face has alway irritated me, and that’s as much a complaint for me. But I do it, when it’s obviously necessary. And unfortunately, it’s often necessary because some pack of assholes aren’t..

Varn Level 8 July 16, 2020

If you are a healthy person and you are short of oxygen, you just naturally breath harder. End of story.

Of course not. These people are lying pieces of shit.

barjoe Level 9 July 15, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515758
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.