Agnostic.com

5 2

Risk factors for COVID-19
[cdc.gov]

TheoryNumber3 8 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Laws of nature. When animal populations overrun their food sources and territorial needs, they have diseases develop that thins the herd. That can be avoided by hunting, which keeps populations thinner, or for humans, wars that thin out the males population enough to hold the numbers down for a short period.

Keeping the male #'s down does Nothing to control population, in any species......like, deer or geese, for 2 examples.

@AnneWimsey in the case of deer, each dominant male has a harem, so if he gets culled, the younger bucks get a chance to mate. But they need to prove worthy, so it slows things down for a bit. But that is also why there are doe licences .Geese are not culled by sex, so the population control is pretty even. As for human males, those left over eventually catch up. But imagine how many more people would be around if the ten’s of millions of men hadn’t been slaughtered in WW I and WW II.

@Barnie2years my ex was an Avid Hunter & we ate nothing but game (& some bacon!) for 33 years, from the 2 freezers in the basement...doubt there is much I do not know about geese & deer, he even had a degree in wildlife management. And you are right about the dearth of males after the WW's, especially 8n Europe & after the Spanish Flu, as well...I have heard it said we (women) only really need one, lol!

Personally, I'm beginning to think the course of human existence is like yeast fermenting wine. We do pretty well until we reach an insupportable level of population - or about 12% alcohol in the yeast's case. After that we expire in our own excrement.

TO_BY Level 7 July 16, 2020

Helluva way to go!

Still guessing

bobwjr Level 10 July 16, 2020

still learning

Oh goody...more conjecture & disinformation....and even if some is true...you gonna change your blood type? Or waste time worrying about it

This is new and it isn't a drill. They're learning as they go. I prefer to look at all the available information as they discover it. People need to do more worrying about it. If we had central leadership, this would probably be on the decline, but with each state making its own decisions, the numbers keep going up because people refuse to listen to the best advice they have available at the moment.

@TheoryNumber3 frumpy just gave some failing lab 1.6 billion to "develop a vaccine" when they have never done any such work....that's what you mean?

@AnneWimsey Hey! he's a charitable guy, trump. Of course that's ridiculous. But I am trying to listen to the scientists. At least the ones not affiliated with the white house....

All lies. Nothing but lies. Just ask Chuck Woolery.

barjoe Level 9 July 16, 2020

I always go to game show hosts for medical information. Don't you?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515907
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.