Agnostic.com

2 1

Here is an interesting video for our forum. "The Rise of Atheist Churches?"

RussRAB 8 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Atheist church" is an oxymoron

Edit: Okay I tried to watch that video, but five minutes of utter shit was more than I could take.

I don't get why an atheist world want to go to "church" . Not having to go to church is one of the best perks.of atheism.

barjoe Level 9 July 17, 2020

There have been proven health benefits of being part of a community which church can provide. I would agree that not being required to go to church is a benefit of non-belief. For those who miss the interaction with others, discussing values or something similar, singing (I do miss singing), etc. Having a place and time to congregate isn't a bad idea. I think the negative association many nonbelievers have with "church" is the real issue. The idea of going to "church" is distasteful even if we are attending with like minded friends and nonbelievers (and I more or less agree).

@RussRAB Fellowship whatever you want to call it. If you need that, by all means start your own "Church" I'll do my own thing.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.