Agnostic.com

31 3

Do any of you get frustrated having a debate with Christians ?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All debate stops once they state you must have faith because you cannot debate facts and evidence with someone who believes in faith alone for acceptance.

I don't tend to start debates, but if a Christian finds out I'm am atheist and confronts me, I'm not gonna back down from one. Right of the rip ill quote exodus 21 that condones slavery, paul's letters that make women second class citizens, the psalm that says you should be happy while smashing the heads of your enemy's infants, and the command to kill witches. Most Christians have never been confronted with this stuff and they just kinda stare at you. Some who have a bit of debate experience will do the religious tapdance, tell you that you are taking it out of context, and have some elaborate story to explain it away.

Yeah, like there's a way to take 2 pages of slavery instructions out of context

No. Not frustrating at all. All credit goes to Peter Boghossian. His books have given me the debating skills necessary to prevail.

The one I hate most of all is negotiating which place to order lunch from. Exhausting.

I avoid it like the plague

Usually roll my eyes and then question all their facts till they call me a non believer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51657
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.