Agnostic.com

4 3

Getting tired of ... responding to posts that get deleted. Try to post calmly and with clear thoughts. If someone disagrees with you or provides a nuanced response, debate it rather than delete your post.

LimitedLight 7 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sometimes people just change their mind or no longer want to discuss it

I don't advocate 'grumpy', but . . .
I get the impression that some folks expect all "sweetness and light", and any disagreement is to be 'frowned-upon'.
I have encountered a couple cases where the OP made sure of 'getting in the last word' before deleting the post! 😛

Also, I don't understand why some non-believers don't seem to take kindly to questioning of information sources -- theirs or others'. So many posts have links that have been 'fed' from FB, despite years of widespread reports of the inherent lack of "truthiness" in that 'steady diet'. 😮

I expect more (and ubiquitous) Critical Thinking on this website.

I agree. I have written posts and then thought about it a deleted it before posting. I too always wonder why a post has been deleted.

If people feel their thread is being hijacked, they have the right to delete the post or block everybody. Or both. It's their right. I've never done it but I've blocked people.

barjoe Level 9 July 19, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516901
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.