Agnostic.com

3 1

I've been meaning to recommend this series for some time. There were quite a few that I thought might represent a definitive episode to share. This one does a pretty good job of that I think.

WilliamCharles 8 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I concede 'ambiguity' would/should appeal to 'agnostics', the profiles I have perused ⭐ tend to have 'Detail' answers to the "How certain are you that there are no gods" that are typically greater that 90%. I don't find a lot of ambiguity in that.

I may consume more vids from closertotruth.com 🙂

• not a 'scientific' sampling

I used to see the show on PBS. twas a pretty interesting piece of TV.

God does not exist, of this I am absolutely sure. Nature exists the supernatural is a fairy tale. I don't believe in fairy tales. It's so easy.

barjoe Level 9 July 19, 2020

That is exactly what he tackles in a very thoughtful way. He examines the definitions and the claims associated with them. He ties together so many and various disciplines in their search for truth and a basis for knowing.

@WilliamCharles Who is "He"?

@barjoe The host of the series. Forget his particular credentials but it doesn't matter as he delves into any of these issues with a rationalist's approach and willingness to be persuaded. He takes any of the claims with skeptic eyes, but for any of the topics, even more science themed ones, he seems to give all sides an opportunity to make their case and explain their viewpoint. That seems always a good model.

@WilliamCharles The only thing ambiguous about the existence of God is that you can't prove a negative. Belief in religious ambiguity exist only because "he" wants it to be ambiguous. Atheists know religious believe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516923
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.