Agnostic.com

38 10

Are you a "Prepper"?

I've become interested recently in certain "breeds" of American that we don't really have here in Europe. One of the most interesting is the Prepper, people who build shelters or bunkers and stockpile food, equipment and often weapons and ammunition in preparation for the breakdown of civilisation.

Is anyone here a Prepper? If so, what are your preparations? How do you think civilisation is most likely to break down, and how likely do you think it is to happen in your lifetime?

Jnei 8 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am an Aussie not and American, and a survivalist when younger, not what one would call a prepper but logic, common sense and quick thinking are my assets. If civilisation collapsed tomorrow I have no doubts I could survive for decades as long as I avoided other people. I have been going bush and living off the land for over 45 years. We will have economic collapses, and we will survive them, we will have another pandemic or three. Big population decline will come from environmental degradation.

hope you'll share some stories of going bush and living off the land

@crazycurlz hmmm , like the time when I was 14 and doing a survival test. Though there must have been a stray chicken somewhere, found a clutch of ok eggs. Ate them, and only when studying snakes 40 years later realised what I had eaten.

@Rugglesby HAHAHAHA! YES that kind of story! I think we should start a storytelling group!

Not sure serious preppers would browse this site with many believing world destruction is close with bibilcal end of days. Other preppers prepare for things like asteroid collision, nuclear devastation, solar flares, or maybe a worldwide viral epidemic with mass casualties. Most try to maintain resources to survive minimal 2 years no contact with outside.
Personally, I'm comfortable none of theses scenarios will take place in my life. However, Trump and Korea has given me pause about nuclear fall out. ? I think over population and starvation bring on the end.

My daughters a Pepper?

I’m not a prepper. But I’m planting a food forest and like to have plenty of food on hand. And you never know what could happen. Or when it will happen.

after this past summer when my house was in a level 2 firecode for 3 weeks I stock extra water.

Prepped? Prepped for what? The end of civilization or the end of Tom Brady’s career?

I have no idea who Tom Brady is, nor have any awareness of his career. Should I be worried about it? Do I need to start buying ammo?

Same. Damn. Thing.

If I had the resources, my home would not appear to be any kind of 'prepper' bunker but a very unique structure that left zero footprint and blend into the countryside. It's all right up here. (pointing to my head)

I like pepper, oh... you said PREPPER...@$$%^^&

Etre Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

I was a preppie in the 80s. does that count

Well, I'm sure you've been keeping up with what's going on here...
We're gonna start.

Emme Level 7 Apr 6, 2018

It's certainly a real phenomenon. A lot of people get paid by the government once a month and stockpile groceries then. We have lots of hoarders. Preppers seem kind of similar but with more guns lol.

Not me. I pretty much make up every day as l go along.

Well I never attended boy scouts so being prepared has been a challenge. I am prepared however for bedtime everynight usually at the same time. I feel that is important. So I guess you can call me a prepper of sorts

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.