Agnostic.com

1 3

Regardless of my age I belong to a couple of dating sites that I never take seriously. One thing I see in these sites is a constant that has almost become a pet peeve with me. They have a question that asks "should we teach creationism in the classroom?" The majority of women answer YES, we need to teach the controversy. What controversy? Why would we have a need to teach religion in a public school classroom? If you feel this way it is up to your church and Sunday School to fill in this gap, if you think there is one. Will people ever understand that science will never teach you creationism?

Any thoughts on this?

DenoPenno 9 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Regarding the "teach the controversy" nonsense: You are absolutely right. Religious explanations do not belong in public schools. Even back when I was religious, I would have answered thusly. (My reasoning would have been different then, though. I didn't trust the public school to teach God's word accurately! This seems funny to me now.)

Regarding the existence of that question on dating websites: Hooray! It sounds like a good way to weed out the nutjobs.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517076
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.