Agnostic.com

5 1

I know many here have a phobia against RT, but this is an opinion piece. It talks about how "Life of Brian" ripped it into Christianity and something similar is needed now to rip into the "woke" brigade. It should be of interest to all agnostics/ atheists ie don't swap one doctrine for another.
[rt.com]

powder 8 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One example of absurd wokeness is tearing down statues of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson because they had slaves.
Jefferson Davis, Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee? Okay, sure. But George and Tom? A bridge too far!

Perhaps some were downed due to fascist provocateurs, covert Putin disciples, or even just criminals. Believe half of what you see & none of what you hear. Sow uncertainty & Putin has won.....again

Interesting and enjoyable. I had to look up "wokeness" and with some references, this is a general definition i liked: "Wokeness: awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice."

Well "awareness" is certainly the positive first step a person must take to change themselves or their society.

Then when some decide to 'do something' about what s/he wants to change, another society is on the way towards positive change, just as person changing themselves might be.

Poking fun at anything can be constructive and sometimes therapeutic.

Nevertheless, as someone who has spent his life working on social and racial justice issues, i assure anyone who is concerned that fighting for justice for all is a functional attribute of any user-friendly society. Not a religion; but principles like love thy neighbours whoever they are is a common theme. LOL

Even those who poke fun at recovering-hippies like me are obviously thinking about "perceived awareness of issues concerning social justice and racial justice." How ironic is that?

Welcome to "wokeness." LOL We must be getting close a Tipping Point, i hope. [en.wikipedia.org]

Thanks for the link. Note; this is off topic but just have to say: I prefer independent muckraker journalist for current events. RT, Sputnik, the greyzone, and many others that report on the horrors of our government and the rest of the world, are called anti-american to discredit their stories. I find it odd how people that call themselves skeptics, fall for american propaganda so easy. What here has this as a topic?

What is RT and why should it cause a phobia?

@powder
Сколько здесь людей говорят по-русски?

@powder Who speaks Russian here?

@powder That is so cool! I am studying Welsh right now- Very slow going.

Russian TODAY which is Russian tv.

I don't have a "phobia" of RT. I am aware that it's official news agency of the Russian Federation. This particular article is syndicated and being used by RT.

Michael McCaffrey is a writer and cultural critic who lives in Los Angeles. His work can be read at RT, Counterpunch and at his website mpmacting.com/blog.

barjoe Level 9 July 21, 2020

@powder I remember seeing Life of Brian years ago and thinking it was hysterical. I never have much thought to what the Christian right thinks, fuck em. Blasphemy by the Church of England? I basically hadn't thought about it, at that time I was mostly concerned about what was going on here. I watched it because it was a funny movie and made fun of Christianity.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517504
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.