Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Quieter Oceans During Pandemic Give Marine Life A Break : NPR

"More needs to be done," says Jason Gedamke, who manages the ocean acoustics program at NOAA Fisheries. "When you have animals that for millions of years have been able to communicate over vast distances in the ocean, and then once we introduce noise and have increased sound levels and they can't communicate over those distances, clearly there's going to be some impact there."

Amzungu 8 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just watched this last week, very interesting :

[pbs.org]

Air quality is supposed to be better. I went out yesterday to go shopping. I-95 was bumper to bumper so I'm not sure that things haven't opened up. Everybody in the store was wearing a mask though.

barjoe Level 9 July 21, 2020

Pollution is on the increase again, as witness the rising cost of fuel, but at least the heaviest polluters, aircraft, are not back to previous levels of use.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517538
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.