Agnostic.com

10 1

Canned sardines, oysters, clams? You likey? For me, no clams. Eek!. rubber!

Cutiebeauty 9 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We get most shellfish fresh here

bobwjr Level 10 July 24, 2020

I do not live anywhere near the sea so I have eaten canned seafood most of my life. My favorites are salmon and smoked oysters. Occasionly I even crave sardines. One of my favorite summer meals is a 3 bean salad,sliced tomatoes and cold canned salmon. I like fish period and the fishier the fish the more I like it. As a child they had to hide the Cod liver oil from me. I would climb up on the sink to get it out of the medicine cabinet then chug-a-lug the oil. My breath always gave me away.

Washington State, lots of salmon in the sixties. Now,,,,pricey. And farmed fish. Suited for cat food. I bought a whole salmon for twenty bucks in the 80's. Now, its twenty a pound for fresh king.

Never eat any of these...I'm a Vegan.

No fishing? No fish?

@PondartIncbendog No fish....just fruit, vegetables, beans, seeds, and whole grains.

Smoked baby clams in marinara sauce. , Sardines on occasion. Kipper's,( I know, not on the list but close ,) 😁

Smoked oysters, skinless boneless sardines. No bristling sardines. Large cans of clams are good for linguine in clam sauce.

barjoe Level 9 July 23, 2020

I'm going to let you rephrase your post before I block you for stupidity.

Go ahead and block me. Cause I've no idea what you mean..

@Cutiebeauty BLOCK!!!!! BLOCK, BLOCK.

Uhh, "you likey"? That's racist!

I did not know that. is that some kind of expression from the black community or something?

@hankster Imitating asian people who speak english.

@PondartIncbendog ah... I can see that now. thanks.

@PondartIncbendog also, completely unrelated, a very common figure of speach in the upper Midwest primarily in areas that were mostly scandanavian about a hundred or so years ago.

Uhh.. I'm Asian.. Ugh..

@hankster , actually @PondartIncbendog what's racist is you assume I'm NOT Asian.. !

@Cutiebeauty I think all he was saying was that phrase was racist because it could be used to make fun of Asians. and I don't really know if you being Asian makes any difference. I'm a white guy so if I talk about rednecks or honkys am I being racist? I don't know. I know that sometimes on this site when I read what people from other countries say about the United States it can get under my skin even when I agree with what they're saying. I do believe it's important to talk about and try to understand without getting all puffed up about it. it's not easy but hopefully it's worth it. I don't know where you grew up, I don't know if you have any kind of Asian accent. but anybody being teased for anything personal might feel bad about it. might feel like they don't belong. some might not care, but some might. honestly it's a bit beyond me, but I'm going to continue to think about it. it's an important issue. we need to learn how to be tolerant and get educated about it. we could do better as a society in putting ourselves in someone else's shoes for a bit. even if it's just a try.

@hankster
I think all he was saying was that phrase was racist because it could be used to make fun of Asians.

I disagree.. He jumped to a conclusion.. That im not Asian.. This is how I speak. Sometimes.. It's my culture.. My mom used "likey " very frequently.. I do also..

i hear you @Cutiebeauty. please don't get angry. the more I think about these issues the more I think we of one section of society, race, nationality, politic, religion and on and on.... really don't understand much about the other sections. we need I believe to listen to each other better. we listen to the news, we listen to the advertising, why can't we listen to each other? I'm not saying you're wrong, perhaps the social context for it is wrong. maybe not. I think it should be thought about....lol. Peace.

@Cutiebeauty jumping to conclusions isn't necessarily a good thing to do, but we've all done it we'll all do it again probably. maybe we can do it less, if we learn some more things to think about when we think about opening our mouths.

@Cutiebeauty Ididn't jump to any conclusion. I know you are asian.

@PondartIncbendog so...are you saying it matters or not if an individual of a particular race uses a word or expression that can be used as a slur against that same race compared to someone who is not?

@PondartIncbendog you know im Asian.. So. You saying I should speaky the English likey you?

@Cutiebeauty No. I think you need to grow up.

@Cutiebeauty, @hankster No. And I don't agree with the Blacks calling each other nigger. That's not impressive either.

@PondartIncbendog thanks. intraracial racism. another variety to try to learn something about. what a mess.

@VeronikaAnnJ used to , over 30years ago, hear that , along with a number of interesting speech patterns , all over the Dakotas, parts of Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin.

@VeronikaAnnJ it really is. The people vary widely depending on what part of the state with it all blending the closer to the lake and further south. I traveled extensively for work when younger and had a fascination with observing people.

Lived in Boston, gotta luv da Boston Clam Chowdah!

Clam chowder rest of country.... potato soup with a few bits of clam. Clam chowder in New England....bowl of clams with bits of potato

Fresh clams are great!!! Oysters I like once in a while. Canned? Most likely to be rubbish. I love shellfish.

You should live here. Razor clams everywhere. Geoducks? The size of dogs.

Crabs the size of dinner plates, catch em with bare hands.

@PondartIncbendog, I think it's what we call in Portugal "sapateiras". I love them!!!

@Paddypereira "caranguejo"

@PondartIncbendog, yes. We mainly call that to the smaller ones. The big ones, we call them "sapateira" or "santola". But, yes, they are all types of crabs (caranguejo).

scallops...yum!

Scallops come in cans?

@Cutiebeauty somewhere prolly. I wasn't thinking about cans. I just thought you was talking about the sardines. my bad. I still like scallops tho.

@hankster I like scallops too.. I learned how to make them from Gordon Ramsey!

@Cutiebeauty did he come over to your house?

@hankster no.. It was at a fund raising event..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.