Agnostic.com

4 1

Think out of the box: What are your thoughts on 'Feminist Polygyny' dynamics?

--- What is “Feminist Polygyny”?

It is true that polygyny is mostly practiced by religious circles of various religions. A Feminist Polygyny Triad relationship is a bit
different.

This type of polygyny is often practiced by Free-Thinkers and Non-Religious people. Polygyny has many different kinds, forms, and practices. Some forms include multiple, separate relationships as in sister-wives style. Some are open, and some are closed relationships.
Most forms of polygyny have the perspective of one man, having multiple wives.

We protest that mindset, and look at it from a different perspective as a woman being able to have both a male and a female partner in her family unit.

We can say that a Feminist Polygyny is a form of a relationship where there are no multiple relationships, but only one, a single collaborate relationship between all three parties.

This type of polygyny is NOT androcentric(male-dominated). The Feminist Polygyny relationship requires a women-lead democracy in the family unit, which is combined with 3 'equal' individuals functioning under the majority rule concept.

Needless to say, this form of polygyny is best practiced by active bisexual women who favor polyfidelity, and by heterosexual men who do not need to boost their ego by constantly being the dominant figure in a family unit.

KinkyBourgeois 4 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I suspect most here accept whatever relationships others manage, but most are hetero couples and monogamous. Poly and swinging lifestyles are not as common as serial monogamy, but they aren't freakishly rare, either. Good luck.

EdEarl Level 8 July 26, 2020

Uhh. Don’t care.

You never mentioned love.

@Allamanda true. I suspect it occurs less than polygamy. I am also curious about the interpersonal relationships in polygandry, and bored with Romeo and Juliet and other similar romance stories.

@Allamanda My boredom with routine is systemic, and applies to almost everything. It's not much exaggeration to say that for me seeing a movie or reading a story once is overexposure. On the other hand, I've been married over 35 years, and every day is interesting.

@Allamanda Yes, longevity tests relationships. Mundane seems too blah, but yes, monotony can be fatal when it leads to the tingle, tangle, temptation of a secret. Some people are, instead, open, either by luck or planning.

Whatever floats your boat.

barjoe Level 9 July 26, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.