Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Arizona School Cancels Controversial Bible Class Due to Lack of Interest | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Back in December, the board of the Camp Verde Unified School District in Arizona voted 4-0 to adopt a specific Bible curriculum promoted by the right-wing National Council on Bible Curriculum in Public Schools.

snytiger6 9 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The people have spoken.

I hadn't heard that but I love it. 😍
Camp Verde is a little over 40 miles from where we live.

I hope that indicates that the residents of CV and their kids are more sophisticated than I realized. They apparently have better things to do with their lives than getting proselytized at.

From the link:

But here’s the kicker: After all that controversy, the course will not be offered this coming school year because β€” wait for it β€” almost nobody wants to take it.

According to the Verde News, Principal Mark Showers of Camp Verde High School said that only two students said in a survey they would be interested in the elective class.

With such low interest, the district can’t justify offering the class, much less finding a teacher for it.

RichCC Level 8 July 26, 2020

You don't suppose they were concerned about lawsuits from FFRF, ACLU and other civil-rights groups? NAHHHH

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518902
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.