Agnostic.com

3 0

Humans are predators. We harvest multiple sharks for fin soup & than 1 shark dines on a human & we get our nose out of joint. If one was to stratify the food chain in the ocean or on land & compare it to the stratification of human society, is it not the law of the jungle, predation ? Those animals that are better hunters means their offspring survive. Which translates into survival depends on predation.

Atheist3 7 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shark fin harvesting is a terrible thing. That being said I would be even more concerned about a human who died in a shark attack. People eat meat. Some are vegetarians and vegans. Most people wear leather. Sit on leather. It's a moral dilemma. Judge people based on what their choices are in this regard. I don't think that's fair.

barjoe Level 9 July 29, 2020

. . . btw, at a Chinese 50th wedding anniversary, I had shark-fin soup -- didn't care for it. 😮

You may have heard this story before, but its a fairly good one.
It is said that the Romans tried to impress Cleopatra with a feast. She said that she did not think much of the food. To which they replied that they had served all the most expensive dishes they knew of, and that the whole feast had cost a fortune. She then called for a glass of vinegar, took off one of her pearl earings, disolved the pearl in the vinegar and drank it. She then said, that that was the most expensive drink there, and it was horrible.

@Fernapple Great story!

I remember reading (a few years back) that there are 5 shark attacks (not deaths) world-wide yearly, yet 300 people in the US alone die yearly from bee stings ! 😛

Shark spin.

@Atheist3 . . . understated

[en.wikipedia.org]
[floridamuseum.ufl.edu]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519628
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.