Agnostic.com

6 5

Non-religious grief counseling

Is anyone aware of religion-free grief counseling in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

scottpresnall 4 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure if they provide non local services but I suggest you contact them and ask. Good luck!

[cmhc.utexas.edu]

[billwilsoncenter.org]

The irony is whether the counseling is religious or non-religious, the outcome is the same -- a loved one is dead and there's no god on the other end.

Condolences on your loss.
I do often get the call to do Grief Counseling from time to time as a semi-retired Psychologist and Crisis Counselor here in Broken Hill, N.S.W. Australia where I live but as you can see I'm nowhere near Texas hence face to face style counseling would be impossible but should you wish, I can help via personal messaging.

First, my sympathies for your loss. I lost my late ex-husband, last year. (For the record we remained friends, after our divorce, and I was his caregiver, during his hospice). I was able to get grief counseling, thru his insurance. Not faith based at all. There were only 1 reference to religion, during that time, and it was a suggestion to reach out to folks of my faith. It's out there, you just have to ask.

This a good post. I am 68 years of age and have never even heard of secular grief counseling. What a fine idea.

Grecio Level 7 July 29, 2020

First of all, so sorry for your loss. I don't live DFW area but I infatuated this for you and it's tough. Every grief program in your area free or not seems to be biblical counseling. The only one that I found that claims to have an entirely non sectarian program is affiliated with Jewish Family Service. Go figure. This Eagle fan wants to reach out to our dear friends down in Dallas. Here's the link, stay strung. [guidestar.org]

barjoe Level 9 July 29, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519817
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.