Agnostic.com

7 3

Religious Shunning

Have you ever been shunned by a good friend or family member after they discoverer your religious beliefs were not as they wanted?

MelissaAshley 3 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sadly, yes. But it's okay. If that's how they feel, it's their loss more so than mine.. I don't like it, but not much I can do about it.

Over the years most of my friends have become very religious. When I would come to visit they seemed to want to drive the point home to me that I need god in my life. Praying at the drop of a hat. Telling me "See, wasn't that easy, god is aways ready to listen." or "He's always with us." needless to say it became harder and harder to do things with them. Eventually we just stopped talking. It's been a fews years and their concern for me obviously wasn't that great. I haven't moved or changed my phone number, they have not tried to contact me at all. ----- Sorry my reply is so long, I obviously need to get that off my chest. Thanks.

If I had, I didn’t notice … as I likely avoided them..

Varn Level 8 July 30, 2020

Nope.

Many close childhood friends drifted away since they found out I did't believe in God, not anyone in the family.

No, never..

. . . how did you get to level 3 by joining today and one referral, one post -- no comments ?

Yes I had to refer a friend of mine

Referral is one hundred points alone...

@Cutiebeauty is that a wrong thing to do ?

@MelissaAshley . . no, I didn't intend to imply that. I just seemed (been a while since I was level 3) that even with the 100, level 3 was quick -- on one day.

@MelissaAshley no, it's not wrong at all ☺

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519886
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.