Agnostic.com

6 2

Are you on 5G yet?

Samsung expects 6G to be commercially operating by 2028.

And the 14/07/2020 Samsung announcement -
[news.samsung.com]

FrayedBear 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I won't use 5G because I think it will affect my condition. Sometimes my head hurts because my smartphone is too close to my face, head, or heart. Maybe I worry too much about it. But the days I spend without a smartphone or PC seem longer, and more pleasant. And I never have a headache when I make smartphone breaks. My relatives know I want to protect myself from electromagnetic radiation, so they will order me a emf shielding hat that will protect my head every day. What do you think about such protection? I've read reviews, and these things work. So I'll love wearing this.

I can only suggest that you use long lead wired headphones with microphone for all your use.

I think my phone doesn't support 5G (iphone SE 1st gen)
But I could try

Go to your settings then your SIM card setting & management. Otherwise search the internet for your phone's specifications.

Excellent. Very excited about 6G.

Why?

@FrayedBear

1. Faster computer, device connection and computing speeds
  2. Designed to support more mobile connections than 5G capacity, which is approximately 10 x 10 5 per km2
  3. It will revolutionize the healthcare industry that eliminates barriers of time and space through remote surgery and guaranteed optimization of healthcare workflow
  4. The 6G supera will implement femtocells or distributed antenna systems (DAS), to solve connection problems that may have cellular networks in enclosed spaces.
  5. It uses THz frequencies (Terahertz) which also has its own advantages... THz waves can easily absorb moisture in the air, so it is useful for short-range, high-speed wireless communications. Terahertz offers narrow beam and better directivity, resulting in secure communication that is achieved due to its strong ability to block interference.
  6. The high wireless bandwidth (several tens of GHz) of 108 to 1013 GHz can offer a higher communication speed in Tb/sec. In spatial communication, terahertz waves are used for possible transmission without osteo between satellites.
  7. Massive and lightning-forming MIMO multiplexing gain helps overcome rain attenuation and fade propagation to meet urban coverage requirements.
  8. The photon energy of the Terahertz wave is very low (approximately 10-3eV offering greater energy efficiency. THz waves can penetrate substances with less attenuation that can be used for some special media.
  9. Wireless6G uses visible lights that take advantage of the benefits of LEDs, such as lighting and high-speed data communication. VLC does not produce EM (electromagnetic) radiation. Therefore, it is not susceptible to external EM interference. VLC also helps build network security.
  10. It offers very high data rate (Tb/sec) and very low latency (sub-ms). Therefore, many applications can make use of 6G wireless networks.
  11. It will virtualize additional components, such as the PHY layer and the MAC layer. Currently, PHY/MAC implementations require dedicated hardware implementations. Virtualization will lower network equipment costs. This makes massively dense deployment in 6G economically feasible.

@St-Sinner You make it sound like brainwave proportion communicaion on a large scale.

@St-Sinner thanks for the synopsis.

@FrayedBear
As you know, it is already happening in our lives now but it coming to us not as a big thud but in bits and pieces.. here and there. Looking back at our lives from the future, we will realize how long we have come. I started my graduate school in the U.S. and had never seen a computer before. Within 5 years, my life, reading, studying, bill paying, messaging, letter writing back home, printing, career, skill training was all on the computer. This was before the mobile devices.

@St-Sinner lol. In the early 70's I spent a week's wages buying a miniature calculator. It was larger than today's mobile phones & had about 8 functions.
In the office, if we were allowed, we used the non electric manual draw handle version of this machine thing the firm employed a team of 8 comptometris with their comp machines to do the heavy lifting on stock takes.

So long as my little phone still makes phone calls that's all I need.

I've been told that 3G will phase out next year.

. . . bwaaahaaahaaa, my $15 'flip phone' will never 😮 🙂

I just got 4G. I had a 3G phone so it was slow. I'm always late to the game. I'm poor I can't justify spending for new stuff. I'll be dead by 2028. If I'm alive I'll have 5G by then.

barjoe Level 9 July 30, 2020

For most the 4G is more than adequate.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519964
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.