Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Archaeologist Thinks He’s Found Early Portrait of God

Age old search. Age old argument. Your thoughts?

#god
IAJO163 8 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw mickey mouse in my toast, but I ate him.

God is invisible, isn't he/she?

There is nothing new about this, stories go back to the 13th century of the Templar knights finding these heads and worshiping them, it was part of the reason the Roman Catholic church and the Spanish royal family conspired to destroy the order of The Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon. The other being to steal their vast wealth.
The Templars called the head the Baphomet, which was believed for many years to be a name of an ancient god, but in the early years of the twentieth century was discovered to be a code word, and using the same Cypher that has been used to successfully interpret other Templar documents, Baphomet translates to the Greek word Sophia which as well as meaning wisdom is used in the Grecian gospel originals to mean the Holy spirit.

The link doesn't describe noodly appendages at all. They don't know what they're talking about.😎

They do have some interesting observations about Dog's appearance though.🙂
From the link:

The jury is out on whether or not these figurines actually depict Yahweh, the God of Israel, but if they do we have learned something unexpected about the appearance of God. In addition to riding a horse, sporting a beard, and wearing his hair in a longish COVID-era style, he also has pierced ears.

RichCC Level 8 July 31, 2020

Fresh out of his performance in the Broadway play, "HAIR" LOL!!!

Basically a two dimensional man made Idol? Old Testament makes fun of man made idols as if they any more invalid than their monotheistic nonsense. Modern theists haven't advanced very far at all from these ancients. I find it laughable.

barjoe Level 9 July 31, 2020

Me too. May we all bow to the one god. FEAR! LOL!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520333
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.