Agnostic.com

6 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can't say I care for Jordan much, but he raised a valid concern. As someone who leans more to the right, I've been censored on some six or so social media platforms including this one. Whenever I post in support of the social-based issues however, they don't get censored. Not a coincidence...

I'd suggest fact checking.

If it makes you feel better, I am very far left and have had a post censored here too. I figured I wasnt' careful enough about the source (making sure it was reliable) or checking the facts.

Some of my right wing relatives on Facebook post anything which attacks the left even if it is patently ridiculous to believe and obviously false.

@snytiger6 Most of the censored posts I was referring to on here oddly enough didn't have anything to do with politics at all, some were links to cyber security related topics and a few others were just some harmless memes that weren't vulgar at all. On other sites that I had gotten censored on, I had just asked some questions in regards to the claims some other people made, no actual postings of my own besides some questions. With that said, you raise a valid point on the fact checking, assuming you linked to a news source etc.

Problem with Jim Jordan is that he spent his life wearing a jock strap that was always way too tight. It cut off the circulation to his brain ages ago.

If you don't get the jock strap reference, look up his background prior to becoming a Congressman from Ohio. He was at the Univrrsity of Ohio Athletic Department.

t1nick Level 8 July 31, 2020

I thought the joke was he does his thinking with the head between his legs and nto the one on his shoulders.

@snytiger6

That's an apt description as well. Lol

JJ has no credibility. Here's his stunt from today, trying to bully Dr. Fauci into answering a totally inappropriate question:

[motherjones.com]

Is he actually arguing that private enterprise has an equal duty to accommodate all political ideologies, and if so, someone needs to formally notify Fox, Breitbart, Drudge, Town Hall et al?

What "conservatives" like Jim Jordan do not understand is that if conservative viewpoints do not get the same air play, its not a conspiracy. Rather its the American public making a deliberate decision not to visit or support these sites. Its just that simple.

They just do appeal to the majority of people due to a number of reasons. For one they are usually overrun with irrational logic and reasoning. The tend toward whining and touting conspiracies that do not hold up when scrutinized more closrly. Conservative arguments tend to cherry pick what they call facts, and incorrectly conflate them with overgeneralized conclusions. They underestimate the intelligence of the AVERAGE American.

t1nick Level 8 July 31, 2020

Put on a jacket and a tie. When they march you in front of a judge I bet you will. [cnn.com]

barjoe Level 9 July 31, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520352
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.