Agnostic.com

21 18

I'd like to know if others in this forum agree with me on this.

Throughout history the Catholic Church has gotten away with murder. Even much worse, it's gotten away with unspeakable atrocities culminating in the Spanish Inquisition. The book Malleus Maleficarum states the proper way to torture witches by the thousands. One researcher, Charles Lea, tells about how he in the year 1900 was blocked from inspecting historical records at the Vatican Library by officials.

These images of an auto da fe, (statement of faith) shows the horror of the Inquisition. The boss at the top of the reviewing stand is none other than St. Dominic, the patron saint of Christopher Columbus. The monster has several cities and even a country named after him.

The history of the church makes the Nazis look like boy scouts.

In spite of this sordid and well documented history the pope is still called "The Holy Father". Left to me, Pope Francis would be kept in solitary confinement with a prayer stool and his holy relics.

So here's my proposal: The Catholic Church should be made to unlock the Vatican underground vaults containing immeasurable treasure, and use the money to alleviate human suffering. They could start with putting Planned Parenthood offices in every neighborhood in African and South American ghettos. The treasure is mostly money the church ripped off from unfortunate widows accused of witchcraft.

To those who disagree I ask: What good is the money doing other than giving high Church officials, the Curia, a false feeling of security?

[google.com]

Aristippus 6 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments (26 - 21)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.