Agnostic.com

4 0

How would you go about making our government more representative of the majority of the middle class instead of those with the most money?Do you think this would be a better government?

Marine 8 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seems to me that it was the middle class-ish folk who elected trump.

I do not believe so!

Make all political contributions blind, so that those running for office don't know where the money came from. It seems to me it would be impractical to make quid pro quo deals that way. Especially as long as Citizens United stands.

But to be realistic, I don't see anything changing.

What you are asking for is public funding which would be great.

No, I'm talking about contributions as they are now, just blind. Not public funding.

Education and getting more people inspired enough to vote is key. The party system helps to create an us vs them mentality. This isn't football where you pick a team and root for them no matter what.

You can bet your bottom dollar that it would be a damned sight better!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.