Agnostic.com

3 0

It is my belief that the USA should bring back the WPA for welfare and those who lack any real skills for work. The WPA did a great job during the depression giving training and work to many I also believe that those collecting welfare should be able to contribute back to society some value for receiving the benefits given to them.

Marine 8 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think everyone should serve for two years between high school and free college. By serve I mean peace corp, military, government service, fucking something.

I totally agree with you. If you can't go in the m,ilitary then peace corp or something elde

If you can't go in the military? ?

No man. We do not need everyone being military. We're already overburdened by imperial warmongering.

I don’t see how you could get people into it without getting rid of welfare Folks were hungry back then. Perhaps offering education for those willing to spend time in public service would work. What appears to be happening right now, at least to me, is that a good percentage of people have a disdain for education and they think there will always be menial work that pays well. It doesn’t and it’s going to get worse. Drivers, fast food employees and a whole bunch of occupations are being taken over by technology and without education the non-educated will be on welfare or perhaps on some training program similar to WPA. The time is just not ripe yet.

gearl Level 8 Nov 25, 2017

I do agree but there are jobs like those created during the depression like the WPA . It would give those on welfare some respect and improve our public works and infrastructiure. The time is right for this and the cost would be less than hiring construction companies to do the work.

It's less of an issue now, since welfare reform, because so few are actually getting cash assistance.

Not quite true. WE HAVE REFUGEES, unwed mother"s a lot of them, and those who are disabled receiving cash. Many would like the respect they could gain if they were able to provide some value for their money and also have the ability to earn a decent wage if some training and education were available. It would be nice to get rid of dead beat fathers also.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.