Agnostic.com

7 3

So I snapped an arm off my glasses last week. I've been trying to fix it... temporarily. Until my next optometrist appointment on the 7th.

I screwed a piece of metal to the frame and to that I screwed a plastic knife. I covered it in black duct tape so it won't dig into my ear. I

I added some extra duct tape to make a slope

Dyl1983 8 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

DAP now makes a product called RapidFuse .... It is a glue, very similar to superglue. I find it much easier to work with. It sets in 30 seconds, cures overnight. The stuff is amazing!! Wear gloves, it works on fingers.

You can find it at most hardware stores.

Same thing happened to me some time ago. I went into a meeting with a one-armed pair and say the director had the same issue. I still use that pair for my night-time reading.

If you know your script you can order them online yourself. [zennioptical.com]

"Necessity's the mother of invention," isn't it? I admire your skill.

Duct tape can fix almost anything! Good job!

Also, why didn't you just duct tape the arm back on or did you actually break it? And have you asked the optometrist if they could get you in sooner under the circumstances?

I hope you don't have to go out anywhere before the 7th. I always keep my old pair as a backup.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520843
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.