Agnostic.com

3 0

Unfortunately, I am not surprised. [news.yahoo.com] Poll shows Mitch McConnell with large lead over Democratic Senate rival Amy McGrath USA TODAY Louisville Courier Journal August 4, 2020

Nunya 6 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Start the banjo music. It is hillbilly heaven. I lived in Louisville for two years. I love that city. The rest of the state is ignorant hillbillies. Look who their other Senator is. Like too many of the poor in this country, they continually vote against their own best interests. Voting for a woman for the Senate is not in their DNA. Hopefully he will be the minority leader. I don't think the republicans in the Senate have the balls to vote him out of the leadership position.

If the poll is anywhere near correct, I have to ask wtf is wrong with the people in Kentucky?!

Lol. See reply above yours in this thread for that answer.

It would be different had Booker won the primary.

I actually do believe it would have been a much tighter race had Booker won the primary. I certainly voted for him. So did my mom. I think if the majority of people hadn't already mailed in their ballots by election day, he would have won the primary.

@Nunya

I've heard a lot about voter suppression in Kentucky. Apparently most of the polling stations were closed down.

Is there any truth to that?

@RoboGraham In Louisville & Lexington - the two major cities - yes. In other counties there were actually several locations available. That was apparently decided by each county government.

@Nunya

Do you think it was fair?

@RoboGraham What was fair? That each county decided on their own?

@Nunya

The primary generally and how they handled it

@RoboGraham Well, 73% of Kentuckians voted by mail. That was a choice people could make. I chose to vote in person simply because I didn't like giving my address, phone number, & email address to yet another government institution. It was not at all a problem for me to vote. It went very quickly. But - in Louisville, there were problems. And some for late voters in Lexington. (The two metropolitan areas in KY.) I think extended voting hours would be helpful in the general election. But the compromised reached will allow for in-person voting for a couple of weeks prior to election as well as on election day - or you can mail in your ballot. Here's an article about it: [kentucky.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521673
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.