Agnostic.com

3 1

I think this is the ONLY thing I am extremely glad about Donald Trump doing: cracking down on human rights abuses in China. About damn time. Of course, he could actually care less; it's just one more thing he can utilize to "punish" China for not liking him. Still, I am exceedingly glad these particular sanctions are occurring. Reference articles: [commerce.gov] [apnews.com] [news.yahoo.com]

Nunya 6 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Personally, I think we need MORE immigration, not less. There are so many American companies that have suffered huge financial losses since Trump took office specifically because they could not get enough seasonal workers to process their products. Also, more immigration would balance the current racial imbalance in this country, which I feel would eventually lead to a more fair society. While I wish industry could find a way to not have to rely on seasonal workers & be able to employ everyone full time, that's just not the current reality & locking down immigration will eventually bankrupt many of our food growers & processors.

Nunya Level 6 Aug 10, 2020

Yes, but as you pointed out, it was done more as to create an oppositional target or scapegoat, while his administration tore apart our programs & protections here at home.

The only thing I’ll give him credit for ..is stoping the uncontrolled illegal immigration from Central America. His tactics appeared crul, but a serious message needed sent. Though, demanding Mexico not allow ‘the through passage’ of illegal immigrants to the USA appears to be key. Brilliant work, if not by him personally.

Otherwise, he’s destroyed more in one term than the previous worst president in our history did in two … and needs to be replaced.

Varn Level 8 Aug 5, 2020

What about

1. Stopping illegal immigration?
  2. Scrapping, improving bad trade agreements?
  3. Putting UN agencies on notice who have been taking the US for granted?
  4. Increasing NATO contributions to a record level?
  5. Not sitting on two hands and becoming lame duck like Obama did for 7 ywars?
  6. Being decisive on moving embassy to Jerusalem although all presidents promised but did nothing for decades?
  7. Stopping free foreign funding to rogue nations in Central America who exported illegal drugs and immigrants to the US for decades?
  8. Starting the wall thumbing at Pelosi's nose and despite the uproar by special interests and Democrats?

I would love to have a Democratic go-getter version of Trump without the vices instead of Bidens and Hillarys any day.

This is how you ignore all the facts around each of your issues and over-generalize. None of your observations are correct, and if partially correct ignore the larger cost involved in the way they were aceived.

@t1nick
You say incorrect, some say correct. It is a matter of opinion. The truth is somewhere in between.

@jorj
There are left wingers and there are right wingers.

@St-Sinner

To quote Winston Churchill, "You are welcome to your own opinion, but you are welcome to your own facts". Your KelkyAnne "alternative facts" do not do you any Justice. There are two sets of facts.

OwlInASack@ was exactly correct in his comments.Jorj your criticisms on the subject do not make sense this particular time. Your vitriol is overrunning your logic.

@t1nick

So everything is wrong with Trump and nothing is wrong at all with Biden, Hillary and Bernie? And facts are only with the Democrats?

@St-Sinner

Never said that. Just saying that you arguments are flawed and ignore the real facts as supported by historical context and the impact of decisions beyond your generalizations

@jorj

Your argument is not only flawed, but entirely incorrect. The last large interaction we had, I provided ample reference for each point. You came back with vitriolic arguments but no references or support for your arguments. Your vitriol is driving you beyond rationality and your are endangering your own credibility. By the by, science recognizes multiple gender roles for organisms beyond just two. You are not reading far enough into the scientific literature.

@St-SinnerSo everything is wrong with Trump and nothing is wrong at all with Biden, Hillary and Bernie?

Biden/ Bernie/ Hillary/ or trump represent segments of the nation. In order to lead, to be electable or elected, they must represent the mushy majority. It is impossible to demand purity from the populous, and it is impossible for anyone’s personal views to match those of anyone else… Are you ‘by default’ supporting trump?

@jorj

That is not a credible and responsible reply. You have just proved my point. I rest my case

@Varn
No, I don't support Trump. It sounds like it to left wingers but I do not like the guy at all. But I do not like like many things in the current Democratic candidates and leaders who are meek, old wood, don't retire, cannot win elections and are a big part of the Washing quagmire that American voters despise such as career politicians, sleeping with lobbyists, not working for people but for special interests, have velvet benefits for self but not take up what people need, fight- fight-fight but not come together to do good for nation's good.

How long do we want the old wood Pelosi, who cannot walk straight, walks like a crow, looks plastic and has become a symbol of vitriol and hatred that Democrats have displayed without succeeding at anything. Trump keeps winning at every stage. How many let downs are we going to have?

I am also turned off by how this platform begins to look like the mirror image of the right wingers on the other extreme.

But credit must be given where it is due. In my mind, Trump did about illegal immigration that no Democratic or Republican presidents in the last 35 years had the balls to do. That's why I said I would love to have a gutsy president who is a Democrat copy of Trump without the vices. But people don't like balanced views. Their views are either you are with me or against me. That goes against the very reason why we are agnostic - reason, logic and fairness.

It is very easy to be a populous leader, promising everything to everybody and doing nothing. That is what the Democratic party has become.

@jorj
Can you please run for the Senate?

@t1nick
I never said that. Where did you get that? I have criticized McConnell, Trump, Graham and others often but obviously you do not seem to have good comprehension.

@St-Sinner

"So everything is wrong with Trump and nothing is wrong at all with Biden, Hillary and Bernie?” I said I never made any such claim.

@jorj

This is unfortunate as our prior conversation I had gained some respect for you. But my opinion has changed. You are just another crackpot who cannot really support an argument, but can scream "the sky is falling" loudly. I thought I understood where you were coming from, but your irrationality has made any comprehensible position unidentifiable. You are just a loud whiner screaming to the heavens without a real idea of how things work.

@jorj, @St-Sinner

We don't need anymore crackpots in the Senate, we have Jim Jordan and that's stinky enough.

@St-Sinner Then who and or what are you advocating? Seems you’re all over the place.. I’ve watched the Dems implement progress, but only at the pace their voters, or constituents will allow.

Watched Peolsi on the pbs news hour yesterday, I was impressed, she didn’t miss a beat, but she’s obviously playing ‘the game.’ The Game is what it’s all about, not personal priorities, or looks.

You’ve such a liney of demands and desires there, bouncing from one party to another ... I suppose that's the result of having paid attention, but most don’t.. Waking them up with riots & pandemics can’t be the answer. Though - they’re awake!

I also see a hit-list of Democratic digs. Yes, ‘both parties’ is often mentioned ...before too many around here target the party of the least means or power.. Kicking anything when it’s down is no way to ‘build it up’.. I’ve worked from the inside, thus know how it works, and, what ‘we’re’ up against. What I’m seeing too much of around here are those incapable of working with anyone.. ‘Just blow everything - and see what’s left’ appears their ‘answer.’

Those with something to lose think different, and the best are members of the Democratic Party. If you’re upset that the D’s aren’t as ruthless as the R’s, I understand; it’s the price we pay for having a majority of female members. They think, they vote, but few fight… And no, Obama was, and is not a fighter.. But the women loved him ~

So why not hammer the R’s for their ruthlessness? If you’re not a fan of Biden, help give him a Congress that will drag him toward progressive goals. Help kick the shit out of those fucking Republicans! Ignore the presidential race ..and concentrate on defeating Republicans from dog-catcher up! Find someone to support.. I waste little time ‘bashing trump,’ but am paying attention to where I can help defeat him and his enablers. There’s work enough for everybody! Find a (Dem) candidate that’s running and do some cold-calling for ‘him’ ..if eight states away ~

A former West-coaster, I’ve lived the damage that un-checked illegal, even legal immigration causes. And sure as shit, the next D prz will likely open the gates… But as negative as that will be.. I’ll take the positive things the D will do far beyond what I’ve watched the R’s allow, encourage, or ignore.

But I don’t get the Biden-bashing.. But as Atheists, even Agnostics, we’ve the reality of a limited, fickle, undisciplined, spoiled and confused ‘American electric’ making the ultimate calls, not us.. ..and if Joe is the best they can do, and he’s the only viable alternative to trump ..is there any question who we should support?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521674
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.