Agnostic.com

4 6

HELP the Post Office! Just go on down to your local PO and buy some stamps! If everybody spent $20 they would have a huge pile of money in no time! And those stamps are good "forever"!

AnneWimsey 9 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My son is a mail carrier and his branch has been short handed for months, so he was working like crazy to get all his mail delivered each day. He takes pride in his speedy efficiency and is very conscientious. He has had to work a lot of overtime because of the employee shortage. Without the overtime or hiring of more workers, it goes against his principals to leave mail to pile up for days on end without being delivered. It's crazy!

Most folks don't realize that mail routes are longer than ever and the carriers have to cover more territory and deliver more mail. I've heard the mgmt. at USPS can be real jerks, too.

Good idea! My stamp supply is good, but I could get a few more. (If you order from the USPS website, the selection is awesome!)

You are so lucky to have a post office, which I presume is a national institution. In the UK the Thatcher person sold ours off, so that her capitalist mates could asset strip it. So that we are now just about the only nation in the world without a national postal service, which serves the nations interests alone.

The Royal Mail (post Office) in the UK was privatised on 27th September 2013. David Cameron was the Prime Minister, Not Thatcher

@dermot235 Sorry my mistake. I remember Thatcher, because of course she made a lot of noise about wanting to do it but was blocked at that time.

@Fernapple She was blocked by the EU because it would have create a monopoly. Cameron tried again because there were other companies like DPD and Fed Ex that by 2012 had a bigger share of the delivery market. And then it was allowed. But now they have left the EU so they can do what they want now.

How about we use this flagrant attack on the US Postal Service as a(nother) reason to clean ..the House, Senate & the Presidency this November!

Varn Level 8 Aug 5, 2020

Totally Agree, but right this minute, go buy stamps!

@AnneWimsey I’ve got more than I need already! ..I love the ‘forever’ aspect though ~

@Varn what a pain it was before having a collection of $0.02, $0.05, $0.10 stamps around every time they changed the rate and you had leftovers! 🤣

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521741
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.