Agnostic.com

4 5

New York Attorney General Files Lawsuit to Shut Down the National Rifle Association.

Bravo!

“The NRA’s influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets,” James said in a statement, according to NPR. “The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law.”

Washington, D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine also announced on Thursday that he would be suing the National Rifle Association Foundation, claiming donor money meant to fund firearms safety and training was instead “diverted to support wasteful spending by the NRA and its executives.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The NRA strayed from it's original mission decades ago and now just pander to nut jobs who think you need a semi auto with a 30 round clip to hunt deer. I actually get a kick out of those types there's a hunting club on the mountain behind me and on weekends the weekend warriors come out blasting away with those things...and they actually think there's still a deer within 5 miles 😃

They must be great shots, a thirty shot clip, and automatic fire. The creature either ceases to exist or runs away, depending on how the gun is held. Hopefully like on tv, do not aim just point and shoot.
I have a friend who hunts and he has a level action marlin 3030, I think he still has the original box of twenty rounds, the only ones missing are the ones he has shot deer or elk with, I think there are about fifteen shots left.

Have heard nothing good about it

Finally

As a teenager over 60 years ago, I joined the NRA, as it promoted hunting and gun safety at that time. Today, the NRA is a malevolent mutant of its original self, a greedy and vicious organization serving the gun industry and profiting hugely from it. I would not be caught dead near it today.

I joined the NRA as a teenager, the magazine was always interesting. I got away from guns when I no longer was in an area where I could just go out and shoot. Have not looked back. It is about time they went away. Keep track of the people as they will be showing up in other places.

Yeah remember that

I was once surrounded by co-workers (good ‘ol boys) constantly encouraging me to ‘join.’ They watched me studying the magazines they’d brought, even taking some home. Yes, I was moving to the woods, and wanted info on the right tools necessary to stay safe. Never joined, and glad of it ~

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.