Agnostic.com

6 7

I just installed tik tok. I want to see how my totalitarian government can take it away from me.

Lorajay 9 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First of all, calling our government "totalitarian" is unhelpful and only causes myself and people like me to take you less seriously.
There will always be those who would LIKE to install a dictatorial system (like Trump) but they've hardly succeeded.
That out of the way, I used to have a short-wave radio and listen to broadcasts from Cuba and China and many other outlets, and it was sort of like watching RT or Democracy Now or Al Jezeera on satellite TV...you're not going to get any inside information they don't want you to see or hear, mostly prettified propaganda critical to the U.S. at times and complimentary to themselves.
Much of the critical stuff I agree with, but not always and never 100%; but it's nothing unlike what a member of an opposition domestic party might say.
What strikes me is, in a "totalitarian" system all such criticism would be eliminated, all dissent, all opposition. This is clearly not yet the case here (yet).
People like Trump are a threat, to be sure, and there are many other systemic barriers to power which could and should be eliminated, foremost the one which restricts access to power to two political parties; a parliamentary system would be preferable, in my opinion.
But this is what we have, and I think that means we should all acknowledge the two parties HAVE to be 'big tents' which have to accommodate as many points of view as possible.
This means the Democratic Party cannot ever be as leftist as we would like (if you're a leftist), or as moderate (if you're moderate). It'll always be a crazy quilt.
That's why I'm not concerned with Chinese propaganda, or Fox News.
What I AM concerned about it is access to power, hoping ALL views on the political spectrum are represented, not just on the airwaves, but in the Halls of power.

As Petter so tactfully brought to my attention, I should have said would be totalitarian.

@Lorajay No doubt.
Go Joe!

...you are definitely in the game - I am (very) impressed ~ and thank you for your service 🙂

Varn Level 8 Aug 7, 2020

They made fun of Trump and hacked his Toledo ticket distribution. Believe me, if he could, King Trump would have them in a gulag somewhere, or in front of a firing squad.

I love it. It is funny, it is entertaining, it is fast, it is short. Trump killing TikTok will do nothing to its world wide popularity and its growth. The Chinese are on the rise. They have been for some time. Now people say Facebook is for old people, TikTok is for the young.

Sounds like a gross generalization and oversimplification.

@Storm1752
I am telling my opnion of TikTok. I love it.

Chinese Intelligence: "We SEE you!"

Bloody Rebel! Now use it to make comic videos of your would-be totalitarian dictator.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522383
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.