Agnostic.com

3 1

Traveling to higher elevations? While my home is at nearly sea level, I am currently at 5400’. I noticed an increase in my resting heart rate (via my Fitbit) the first four days I was here, so was curious if altitude affected heart rate. (It adjusted to normal rather quickly, probably because I go walking each morning.). It does...and much more. Read this:
[wemjournal.org]

MissKathleen 9 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had to work at 10,500 feet on top of a plateau for a year once. Initially I became fatigued and winded very quickly but I got used to it. When I eventually finished I went on holiday to London and I was on a high for three days from the extra oxygen at sea level. Considering I was in my late 20's I had a ball. Apparently when you are in a rarefied atmosphere for a while your body produces extra haemoglobin or blood oxygen carriers.

I don't know about heartrate. I do recall being very sensitive to the effects of alcohol after moving from sea level to 6000'. That sensitivity did improve while there. Athletes are known to claim there is a difference in their performance for the first day or so. Now you've got me curious.... 🤔

He's soo stupid. I actually work with a guy that thinks this exact way. Here's something to think about, and his wife should what he thinks about her. What does that say about her?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522424
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.